Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Molly's Book Review


Northwood

The book I have just read is called Northwood by Brian Falkner, an amazing New Zealand author.

I love this book because it is different, funny, sad and full of friendship and loyalty.  Sometimes it will make you laugh and sometimes it will make you cry.  It is one of my favourite books by my favourite author.

My favourite character is the main character...  Cecilia Undergarment she is kind, smart and friendly.  She lives in a balloon house with her dad and stepmother.  But not the kind of stepmother that is horrible and only loves her own daughters.  Cecilia is an only child and her mother died when she was giving birth to Cecilia, so she has been living with her stepmother most of her life and calls her stepmother mum or mummy. But it all changes when she finds Rocky the starved Samoyed dog ...

My favourite part in the book is when Cecilia and Jana (the housekeeper) plan to rescue Rocky from the horrible Mr Proctor. But then when Mr Proctor finds out his dog is gone the end of the plan backfires. Cecilia and Rocky end up in Northwood, a place where people go in but never come out!

I would recommend this book for anyone who likes a great mystery story and is aged 10+.  I would rate this book 9 out of 10 and each time I read it (which has been a few) it gets better and better.

I also forgot to mention that Cecelia can talk to animals....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!