Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

A NZ Tale written by Haidee


Biscuiting


Sparkling blue-green water splashes against the jetty. I clamber onto the red and black tube that is bobbing up and down in the water in front of me. Adrenaline rushes through me as the engine of the boat begins to roar. The pale brown rope which attaches the biscuit to the boat straightens, lifting out of the water as I start to move forward. White water sprays out behind the boat, blocking the vision of everything in front of me.

My heart lurches as I zoom round a sharp turn, not in fear, but excitement. The biscuit bounces up and down in the wake of the boat, and I feel my hand slip. I have only a second to regain my grasp, but I succeed. After my near - miss, it seems as though I am going faster than before.

It’s been a while now, and I’m surprised that I haven’t fallen off yet. Every moment is still as thrill filled as the last. Then the boat turns sharply, and the biscuit is follows, but this time I can’t keep my grip. Icy water suddenly surrounds me, and I take in a mouthful of salt, the most unpleasant mouthwash I’ve ever encountered. The boat slows to a halt, and I haul myself back onto the slippery surface of the biscuit. The boat starts to whir. I can’t wait to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haidee, cool story.
    Was that when you went with our dad? And when you fell of once and the other to people fell of heaps?

    From Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!