Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Cantamath Competition

A big congratulations to our Cantamath team who competed on Wednesday night. Georgia G, Haidee, Kailey and Alice T worked very hard to get their 30 points. They had to use their mathematical skills to answer problem solving type questions in a very noisy and competitive environment.

Challenge yourself by attempting one of the questions they had to answer:

I think of a number. I multiply it by 4. To this I add 6. I then divide the answer by 8. The answer is 7. What number did I originally think of? Express your answer as a decimal.

Leave us a comment with your answer in it.

If you want a true sense of what it was like on the night, work this question out at the food court in Riccarton Mall at lunchtime (or somewhere else that is really loud and busy).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!