Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

100 Word Challenge




A Great Kiwi Road Trip.

The sound of music vibrates around my head. A sweet kiwiana smell of L&P swarms into my nostrils as I take another big gulp. I need the energy. I frantically search inside and outside of the car. The windy road isn’t helping - especially when I have an opened drink, ready to spill.

I keep searching everywhere. From the top of the treetops down to the deep roots. In the corner of my eye, I spot a fantail. This was going to be tricky for them. I blurt out in the silence, “I spy with my little eye something beginning with F.”

Kailey

1 comment:

  1. Traveling to the West Coast.

    “Goodbye Southbridge,” we all say as we leave heading towards Rakaia. This is a trip we have done many times before but it is one I look forward to. Everyone is happy, at the moment, but looking at the Southern Alps in the distance, I remember what is in store.

    Once we pass Sheffield the children’s songs are starting to get a bit tedious and ‘I Spy’ ended up in an argument because I didn’t let the children win. Food is the solution. A bag of chips and a fruit juice buys us a nice quiet trip to Arthur’s Pass where we stop and have a rest.

    I believe Otira was named that because this is about where the children turn into little terrors. The whinging begins and the children try to fix their boredom by hitting and poking one another.

    We finally arrive at Greymouth with a great sense of relief that we have all survived.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!