Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

Awakening - Natalie King



Stars: ****


Age: 12+

I found this book quite strange at first but once it started making sense I enjoyed it a lot more. It was also based in Lake Tekapo, New Zealand. Some of the themes in the book were quite mature but not so mature that it was too old for this age group.
King describes body language and thoughts really well which is what made me enjoy the characters even more but King’s first impression on the different personalities was amazing it’s what brought me into the book even more. The personalities were a range of things - weak, tough, oblivious, honest etc… I thought that involving something that interests teens these days was a really good idea.

The magical witching association was really surprising to me, witches with unique powers that were more than the average Harry Potter or Twilight Saga magic. The thing that made me keep reading was at the end of the book, “What happens next?”, the last two sentences really got me since it ended up being on going, romantic, action filled, tongue biting gripping adventure and hopefully King is writing the sequels.

I give it four stars and recommend the book for 12 year olds and upwards.

By Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!