Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

Half Bad - Sally Green


Stars: ****

Age: 12+

Now this book was interesting -  I’ve never read something quite like it. I thought it was original and I didn’t mind that it came from a boy’s (Nathan) point of view. In fact I found it more fascinating! The story pulled me in from the first three pages, by chapter three someone had to pull me away from the spine thrilling-heart throbbing story.

At one point or maybe two, the book had me running tears down my cheek. I found the book rather touching and relatable to others and myself, still I found some of the chapters mature and the book is definitely not for younger audiences.

I would recommend the book for twelve up, anyone younger and they would have to know what some things meant or that they might get the wrong idea/message. Otherwise I felt like I was in the book the whole time and would give the book four stars. Plus I can’t wait for Green’s sequel (Half Wild) to add on the excitement to Half Bad.   

By Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!