Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

The Footprint

The Footprint
“Georgia!” Someone is calling my name. My eyes go blurry and then I start to focus on a white board. It is art class and I must have been day dreaming. There is homework on my desk. My strict art teacher lets me off with a warning for sleeping in class.


The bell rings for home time and there are parents crowding the courts waiting to pick up their kids. I grab my bike and start to bike home. I open the front door and no one’s home. I write a note to say that I have gone to the beach.


It is a lovely day outside. When I get to the beach I decide to draw in the sand about what inspires me. I am really happy with what I draw. People are crowding around my piece of art. I look at my watch, 3:47 pm, time to go back home or else Mum will be worried.

Going home is like an adventure. Ding, dong goes the doorbell to let Mum know I am home. I open the front door and tell Mum all about school and the big footprint I drew at the beach. Everything I said made her smile up until I said that I got a warning from my art teacher for sleeping in class.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your story Georgia. My favourite part was when you were in art class. Maybe next time you could include what time it is or what session.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!