Pages

Wednesday 9 June 2010

10 Minute Writing

I soared above the forest. Above the tallest tree as rain pelted down around me. The freezing eerie blackness of night closed in. I am an owl the biggest and the best with pearly black eyes, soft brown feathers and long sharp talons. I fly lower now dodging trees as I go then. Tuwoo, Tuwoo! The noise shatters the peaceful silence of the night - the cry of my kind. Now I must eat. I swoop down and snatch birds out of their nests as I speed toward the horizon where the sun is appearing knowing that it will prolong the darkness. The stars are only pinpricks of light in the dark that blankets the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Josh - I really like the way you have painted a picture in my mind with your use of adjectives. I particularly like these phrases and they have a strong sense of actually being there.

    freezing eerie blackness

    noise shatters the peaceful silence of the night

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!