Pages

Wednesday 9 June 2010

10 Minute Writing

Our family lived on the edge of an old town. I was the youngest of six children but this does not mean I was the one who was the scariest. No I was the strongest and most curious. It was Sunday, late afternoon and our whole family was bickering over who had broken mum’s best plate. I liked to keep out of these things. So I walked out of the house and headed for the woods. I was the only one who dared to go in those dark gloomy woods. Dusk was creeping in so I started to pick up the pace and run to the biggest tree and sprint back. I reached the tree all right but now it was pretty dark. I started to head back wondering if I did know these woods back to front. Suddenly whoosh a big owl swooped right over my head. Man did I get a fright. I fell completely over and face planted into the ground and I couldn’t believe it. The forest probably had 6 puddles in it on average and I had to face plant straight into one! I think it’s my bad day today!

1 comment:

  1. Lucy, you're writing is really good. I especially like the ending.

    From Emma
    Room 7

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!