Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

Moment in time

Moment in time  
On a cold and windy day I was heading out to help feed the lambs at the farm with Nana. I am only three so I’m very excited to be helping.


I walk into the paddock and the frost is clinging to the ends of the grass. The pine trees sway in the background. The lambs have smelt the milk and start to run towards us. I hold on to my bottle tightly as the lambs barge at me. They had been waiting for their warm frothy milk to fill their tummies. I can smell the wet wool and hear their noisy baas.


My lamb pushes hard with her head trying to force the milk faster from the bottle. As she drinks the milk froth comes out of her mouth, falls onto my gumboot and it slides down the sides. The milk slurps as the bottle and feeders runs out. Nana is in background taking photos of me. I watch lambs enjoying their milk. I hope I get to help feed lambs again.
 

That was the best moment of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!