Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead


Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

Stars: ****½

Age: 13+

From what I heard the movie was terrible compared to the book - which is always the problem. I read the book in two days which is faster than I did with the other books because it was something that was more my genre type of books and even though it had a few swear words on every seventh page, the book was great!

I had never thought of having different types (bloodlines) of vampires. The moroi  (royal vampires) having guardians (protectors of the Royal vampires), which was the dhampirs (half human, half vampire), was something that I never thought of writing about. All the emotion that goes through this book was sometimes not needed but otherwise you could see what was going to be the outcome of that.

There were a couple of things that I didn’t exactly like about the book.The first thing I didn’t like was that there was some adult themes in the book so I suggest that the book should not be passed around in intermediate and primary schools. Secondary schools and over. The other was that it was all about the royals. Royals this, royals that! I found that it got quite boring with it only one subject around them - I get that they are important but there should be something just on the damphirs but maybe that comes in the next books.  

Overall I thought that book was interesting and would recommend to mainly girls over the age of thirteen because it comes from a girls point of view but the age limit is because of the adult themes in the book (it is a young adults book anyway). I give it five stars. Three stars for the actual story, one star for the characters and another star for the detail. However I am looking forward to reading what comes in the rest of the series.  


By Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!