Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Don't Write Your Name on a Chalkboard

For our writing our teacher brought in a video. It was called Alma. Here is the link to the video:




This is my story:

Don't Write Your Name on a Chalkboard


The snow is drifting down in Devon and I am skipping along a long skinny lane of old brick buildings. They are all the same size and all the same colour. There are grey houses and shops, and even a beige bridge above me. The lanes in Devon are usually short and twisty, strangely this one is not. It takes a while to reach a small opening but when I do I find a worn down chalkboard. On the chalkboard there are many names which have been there over a long period of time. I also see a piece of chalk waiting there for me to pick it up. I couldn't resist the temptation of writing my name on the chalkboard because I feel like I should contribute to the name list. At least 100 people have written their names on this board and I believe it may be forever.


Thankfully there was a space for my name. L i b b y, done. I turn around to notice that there is a small shop with a doll standing up almost like it is meant to be there for my presence. As I slowly walk to the window I start to see a shape I recognise. When I wipe the frost off the window, I gasp. It's me! Standing there in the window - is another Libby. I look at myself to make sure I am right. The way that the blue eyes sparkle and the short brown hair glows and the way that my pink coat shines. "Woah." Where has it gone? I run my hand along to the next part of the window and there is another doll looking at me. Not the same one, a different one.


I keep moving along and I get to a wooden door with a strangely cut window in the middle of it. I put my hand to the door handle and pull it down .... it is locked. I feel so annoyed I grab some snow and throw it at the door. Nothing happens, ugh.


I trudge along in the snow and I slide my hand along the wooden wall when suddenly I hear a little creak. I turn around and my eyes light up because the door has opened slightly. I run into the shop and take a big breath. As I slowly creep around the room I find there are dolls for Africa. Small dolls, big dolls, fat and skinny dolls. I feel so lucky to have found this shop because out of all the lanes in Devon I picked this one to go down and I made a find. I can't wait to come back here with my parents!


This place almost feels ancient because the floor makes a clip clop sound every time I place my feet on it. The walls look like wood that is about to crumble and the delicate pedestal looks very old that my identical doll is standing on. I try not to make any sudden movements as I slowly slide in towards my doll. As I get closer I walk faster and faster I reach up to touch my doll and... Oph! I jump back startled until I look down and see another doll on a green, old fashioned bicycle trying to bike but it was on its side. I pick up the little man and plonk him back on the ground. He is biking around and he gets to the window BANG! He has crashed into the door. I couldn't help but have a little chuckle because the doll was being a little silly.


I turn back but it's gone! The doll, it has disappeared. I feel a rush of excitement, this could be a game of hide and seek! I scan the room for any sign in of the doll and out of the corner of my eye I spot my identical. I run over to the high shelf and quite conveniently, there is a unstable looking cream sofa saying to me "Climb up please climb up." So I clamber up onto the couch and it is unstable.


After a while I realise it is only the uneven ground that is causing me the troubles. I suss out what I need to do because I have been wasting a lot of time with this wobbly couch. I reach up and wave my hand around trying to reach the doll. In the end I reach high enough to touch it’s face. I extend my arm as far as it can go and...

My head starts spinning, I can recollect seeing some gruesome images, I see my brain cells and then I see nothing but the shop I was first in. I gain back some air and then look at my surroundings. I try to move but nothing happens, I try to scream but nothing happens. All I see is all the other dolls looking at me, looking at there new innocent victim. Who does this kidnapping kids in dolls? I take a deep breath and try one more time to move and it doesn't work. I have now accepted that I am still Libby, I still look like Libby but I am the innocent Libby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!