Pages

Thursday 23 September 2010

Earthquake strikes Canterbury

My eye-lids flew open as my bed rocked violently back and forth and books and photos were falling off my shelves. What was going on?

All I could see for over thirty seconds was things smashing on the floor around me I curled up into ball with the blankets around me as the shaking stopped, I jumped from my bed squinting into the darkness, trying to find my parents.

It didn't occur to me I had just been in an earthquake. I couldn't see in the dark and because I also didn't think to put my glasses on, I collided into the wall.

It wasn't till I was holding my head that I heard my brother shout "Hello - were we in an earthquake?" I realised what had happened.

I never thought I'd be in an natural disaster, especially because I'm from England. It's a weird experience and it's an experience you only have to live once.

By Emily B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!