Pages

Thursday 23 September 2010

Scary Experience

I was awoken at 4.35am tired and confused, struggling to grasp the situation. Within a few seconds I realized what was happening, wondering what to do I dived under my bed and curled into a shivering ball until the shaking stopped.

Suddenly the power fizzed and crackled then everything went black. I headed at speed for my dad's room and huddled in there for the remainder of the night.

When the sun slowly crept up shining a light on the damage and devastation. Fortunately there was no damage to our timber home, but sadly many homes are uninhabitable. This 7.1 earthquake was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life and I hope no one else has to go through it again.

By Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!