Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

A Day Never To Forget



Walking down the bare streets of Christchurch, the white chairs catch my eye. I walk over there. There are 185 chairs to represent the people that lost their lives in the CTV building. I have a flashback to that day. I remember hearing people screaming, buildings tumbling down and the rubble as it hits the ground. People had lost their loved ones, Christchurch is like a war zone.

I go and sit in the wheelchair. I appear in Christchurch before anything had happened. Buildings were back up. “Was I in the future or past?” I thought to myself. As I roamed the streets, I saw a man in a wheelchair.” This looks like the wheelchair I sat on,” I thought to myself

I decided to follow him. Walking and walking down the quiet Christchurch streets. He turns into the CTV building. I glare at the calendar. The date was 22nd of Febuary 2011.

The time was 12:20, I knew I only had 30 minutes to save 185 people. I ran upstairs to try and find the fire alarm, trying not to get seen by the workers. Finally I found the alarm. There was a sledgehammer beside it. I smashed the box open and the alarm suddenly went off. I felt like a hero. I looked around, no one was moving, everyone was still like a statue. Could they hear me? I was starting to panic. I glanced back at the clock. It wasn’t far away. I decided to run, I only had 1 minute left until it struck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!