Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Picture Me Gone - Book Review

Picture Me Gone
Meg Rosoff


What dragged me into this book was how the scene was set. I have always liked mystery books but this one wasn’t necessarily as good as I was expecting. I was expecting this book to be about Mila going off in New York and using her gift to track down the man they wanted. I don’t think the blurb matched the book because the blurb was all about Mila’s gift and in the book it wasn’t all about her gift. There actually wasn’t much at all about her gift at all.

When Mila and Gil (her father) plan to make a trip to see Matthew (Gil’s friend) over in New York things don’t go to plan. Matthew goes missing. Mila is eager to find out where Matthew has gone.

My favourite part in this book was when Mila met a guy called Jake that gives her clues that she wasn’t expecting.

This author was very good at raising suspense but I wouldn’t probably read any more of this author’s books because I’ve read more interesting books than Picture Me Gone. I didn’t think the explicit language didn’t need to be there I give this book a star rating of 3 and a half stars out of 5 because I’d rather have had a different ending because it felt like the author was sick of writing the book and just wanted to finish it. This isn’t her first book but her other book - How I live now has won awards so I might have a look into that book.  

I  would recommend this book for 12+ because of  the inappropriate language that is in the book.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!