Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Darkness


Darkness

Salt water rushes over my face. Adrenaline starts to pump in my cool blood. I dive into a dark, deep hole that is ready to consume me. I thrust my arms to pull me down. Down into this hole. Down into this hole alone.

As I swim my flippers rub against my feet blistering them. Nothing I’m not used to. I start thinking to myself, What if there is some undiscovered creature down here and I don’t come up to see tomorrow. It is unlikely, but still possible.

Something flashes in front of my face and I feel a spark of fear rise inside of me. I examine my surroundings, there is something different… something that makes things lighter but at the same time it is making it darker, scarier and more horrifying. The light starts dimming, leaving me in the dark. I feel almost comfortable with the sickening light gone. What was it? Will I ever know? Probably not.  

I start to feel dizzy like the I’m in a room that is spinning. My lungs start demanding for air. There is no choice but to go up. Feeling the water between my fingers as I travel up. I break through the surface and gasp in the air. The hot, humid air. My brain starts to function again after the deprivation of air. 

After a few daunting moments, while I am hovering in the water, I teleport back to my comforting bed, warm, soft and smelling like soap. I’m out of that blood curdling nightmare. But i’ll be back. I’m always back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!