Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

Martial Arts


        Martial Arts Tournament
I was on my way to training and I remembered that my sensei said she had something to tell me. The bus stopped and I said thank you to the bus driver as I got off. When I got off I sprinted to my training to see what my sensei had to say to me.

As I entered my training area my sensei said to go to her. When I went over I was worried, because I didn't know if it was bad news. She told me that she had chosen me out of my whole group to compete in a tournament. She said the tournament had 50 people competing in it. My sensei said that if I wanted, she would help me train for it, but she warned me that the training will be hard. I said, “Yes please! When do we start?” She said now.

I found the training was hard but I was excited. First I had to do a test for how high I could kick. Then I was tested on how many punches I could do in a minute and more. I had two days to train. I thought it was going to be fun but once we started it got really hard, but it was worth it. After two days I was ready, I reckoned I had a chance of winning. I went to the tournament and it took 20 minutes to get to where the tournament was held.

I arrived and the tournament was starting. The first person I was versing was taller than me, but I was not afraid. I jumped up and did a kick and hit him in the face. I said, “ I won I can't believe it”. I was up to my fifth match and I kept winning, I couldn’t believe it. I was up to the last fight and I was versing a hard opponent. He was taller and  stronger but I thought I could win. He threw a kick and punch and I threw an uppercut and a side kick. I ducked his kick and his punch. My kick hit him and my punch did to, and I managed to win. The prize was 100 dollars and a trophy, my sensa said to me “what are you going to do with the money”. I said, “I'm going to give 50 to the martial arts training and keep 50 for me”. Until next year!
Sevao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment. Your comment will appear on the page once it has been moderated by the teacher. Thank you!